National Thermal Power Corporation is was born in the year 1975 to fulfill the energy requirements of the citizens and the industrial sector. The Maharatna Company grown really fast in the past and as of now, it owns the total 50 power plants with installed capacity of 52,946MW. Most of the power plants are the coal-based thermal power stations and remaining uses the Gas/Liquid or Solar, Wind, Hydro energy to generate electric power.
The total income of the NTPC Rupees 85,207 Crore and profits after tax was Rupees 10,343 Crore in the financial year 2017-18.
The National Thermal Power Corporation recruits graduates engineers of Mining, Instrumentation, Electronics, Mechanical, & Electrical branch for the position of Executive Trainee by using the GATE scorecard.
Those who want to work in the leading public sector enterprises might be interesting to know the salary structure in the National Thermal Power Corporation. I am here to present these details to you.
Let’s first start with very basic information about the company which is useful for everyone who is preparing for the central public sector enterprises through GATE.
|Parent Ministry||Ministry of Power|
|Classification||Schedule – A|
|CMD||Shri Gurdeep Singh|
|Installed Capacity||54,326 MW|
|Revenue (2017-18)||Rs 85,207 Crore|
|Profit (2017-18)||Rs 10,343 Crore|
|Employees Working in NTPC (As on 31 March 2018)||19,739|
|NTPC Employees in Subsidiaries
& Joint Ventures
|Total No. of Employees||21,584|
|Total Expenditure on Employee Benefits (2017-18)||Rs 4,734.67 Crores|
NTPC ET Salary
The National Thermal Power Corporation Executive Trainee get recruited in the revised pay scale of 60,000 -1,80,000 on the appointment. His/her starting basic pay will be 60,000 per month. Apart from this basic pay, s/he eligible for the mandatory allowances. The details of basic pay and other salary components for NTPC ET shown hereunder.
|Component Name||Salary Amount|
|Pay Scale||60,000 – 1,80,000|
|Class||Group A / Executive Post|
|PRP||Maximum Rs 24,000|
|Gross Pay per Month||Rs 1,20,000/- to 1,35,000/-|
Hence, a fresh graduate engineer in the NTPC would get a salary of around Rs 1,20,000/- per month after the 3rd PRC. Let’s check the other benefits which are also available for company executives.
Facilities & Benefits
- Medical Treatment/ reimbursement for self & dependents,
- Self Contributory Superannuation Benefit Fund,
- Productivity Incentive,
- Performance Related Payment,
- School facility for children,
- Laptop/PC Cost Reimbursement,
- Company quarter on nominal rent,
- Recreation clubs in townships,
- Leave Traveling Allowances,
- Reimbursement Mobile/Internet Bills,
- Subsidized Canteen facilities, and
- Leave as per Rule.
Executive Trainee Promotions
The promotion for the graduate engineers in NTPC is quite fast at a lower level. A newly recruited fresh engineers become eligible for nest higher grade in just after completion of 3 years service and the same rule is applicable up to E4 executive Grade.
The minimum service criteria for E5 & E6 grade are 5 years of service. In the case of higher grades, the upgradation is on the basis of availability of vacant positions.
|Executive in the Grade of||Eligibility period for the next Grade||Remarks|
|E1, E2, E3, E4||3 Years||Not Depend on Vacancy in the grades|
|E5 & E6||4 Years||Depends on the availability of Vacant positions in higher grades|
Executives Cadre Hierarchy
The NTPC executives grade (from lower to upper ) along with the respective pay scales and designation are shown here in the table.
|Grade||Pay Scale||Post Name|
|El||Rs.50,000 – 1,60,000/-||Engineer/Officer|
|E2||Rs.60,000 – 1,80,000/-||Executive Trainee/ Assistant Manager|
|E3||Rs.70,000 – 2,00,000/-||Deputy Manager/ Deputy Superintendent|
|E4||Rs.80,000 – 2,20,000/-||Manager/ Superintendent|
|E5||Rs.90,000 – 2,40,000/-||Senior Manager/ Senior Superintendent|
|E6||Rs.1,00,000 – 2,60,000/-||Deputy General Manager|
|E7||Rs.1,20,000 – 2,80,000/-||Additional General Manager|
|E8||Rs.1,20,000 – 2,80,000/-||General Manager|
|E9||Rs.1,50,000 – 3,00,000/-||Executive Director|
ET Posting Locations
The following are the state wise list of NTPC Plant (Coal, Gas Based & Solar) and regional offices locations where a newly appointed engineer may get 1st posting.
|Name of State||City Name|
|Regional Office Location||Noida, Patna, Lucknow, Secunderabad, Mumbai,|
|Andhra Pradesh||Simhadri, Ananthapuram|
|Andaman & Nicobar Island||Port blair|
|Chhattisgarh||Korba, Sipat, Lara|
|Uttar Pradesh||Shaktinagar, Rihand, Feroze Gandhi, Unchahar, Dadri, Auraiya, Unchahar|
|Orissa||Talcher, Talcher Kaniha|
|Madhya Pradesh||Vindhyanagar, Gadarwara, Rajgarh, Mandsaur|
- NTPC-SAIL POWER COMPANY (PVT) LTD (NSPCL)
- NTPC TAMILNADU ENERGY COMPANY LIMITED
- ARAVALI POWER COMPANY PRIVATE LTD
- MEJA URJA NIGAM PRIVATE LIMITED
- RATNAGIRI GAS & POWER PVT. LIMITED
- NABINAGAR POWER GENERATING CO. PVT. LTD.
- NTPC GE POWER SERVICES PVT. LTD.
- UTILITY POWER TECH LTD
- NATIONAL HIGH POWER TEST LABORATORY PVT. LTD. (NHPTL)
- NTPC – SCCL GLOBAL VENTURES PRIVATE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL COAL VENTURES PVT. LIMITED (ICVL)
- NTPC-BHEL POWER PROJECTS PVT.LTD
- BF NTPC ENERGY SYSTEM LIMITED.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY SERVICES LTD. (EESL)
- CIL-NTPC URJA PRIVATE LIMITED (CNUPL)
- ANUSHAKTI VIDHYUT NIGAM LIMITED (ASHVINI)
- PAN-ASIAN RENEWABLES PRIVATE LIMITED
- HINDUSTAN URVARAK & RASAYAN LIMITED (HURL)
Joint Ventures with foreign countries
- TRINCOMALEE POWER COMPANY LIMITED
- BANGLADESH-INDIA FRIENDSHIP POWER COMPANY PRIVATE LIMITED (BIFPCL)
- NTPC Electric Supply Company Ltd. (NESCL)
- NTPC Vidyut Vyapar Nigam Ltd. (NVVN)
- Kanti Bijlee Utpadan Nigam Limited
- Bharatiya Rail Bijlee Company Limited (BRBCL)
- Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (PVUNL)