NTPC Generally recruits executive trainee based on the GATE scorecard. In the past, there have been very few lateral entries in the officers' cadre.
The advertised pay band for the NTPC Experienced Engineers is 50,000 - 1,60,000/-. The entry pay in the cadre will be Rs 50,000/- per month.
Apart from this basic pay, these post qualified graduates will get IDA at the rate of 12.4%. They also receive the cafeteria allowances, performance-related pay, superannuation contribution, etc. as per the NTPC 3rd PRC guidelines.
For more information, you can check the following table.
|Part of Salary
||Amount in Rs.
|3rd PRC Pay Band
||50,000 – 1,60,000
|EPF Contribution by Employes
|Performance Related Pay
||Maximum Rs 20,000/-
|Approx. Gross Pay per Month
For the superannuation contribution, the NTPC Company will deposit 30% of basic pay plus DA for following retiral benefits.
- Pension Fund
- Post Retirement Medical Benefits
Facilities for the NTPC Experienced Engineers
- Medical facility for Employee & his/her dependents,
- Productivity Linked Incentive,
- School facility for children,
- Laptop/ Personal Computer Purchase Reimbursement,
- Government quarter facility on nominal rent,
- Recreation clubs facilities in NTPC townships,
- Leave Traveling Allowances as per Company Rules,
- Reimbursement of Mobile and Internet Bills,
- Home Loan, Vehicle Advance, and Festival Advance
- Subsidized Canteen facilities,
- Earned/Casual/Sick/Maternity/Paternity/Child Care Leave as per Rule.